Pain in groin tailbone lower back and buttock after exercise

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had tailbone pain for over a year now..it started the day after I went to the gym and did squats with heavy weights my whole groin area went numb and my tailbone hurt so much I had to lay in bed for a week. my legs went numb and my back had a burning sensation and my pelvic area was so sore..anyways I went to the docs and they gave me an MRI coz my dad has spondylitis and I found out I have the gene via bloodwork..the MRI came back negative they couldnt see anything and I got told it was mechanical and was due to exercise (I have been exercising regularly since I was 15 I am now 35) I stopped doing squats and leg weightd completely as I felt everytime I did squats or leg weights or even sit ups my tailbone groin area would flare up..I have been gently running and fast walking for a while now (30 mins running and 30 mins fast walking) and my pain has got so much better..however yesterday I ran the same as I always do and today my tailbone lower back left buttock cheek and my pelvic area are so sore..anyone else had this and what is it? If I go back to the docs they will just tell me the same thing

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

also just to add I also have a burning sensation in my groin almost like someone has kicked me in the private parts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.