Pain in healed wound

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and have a question. When I was younger, 9-10 years ago, I had an injury on both of my arms. I fell on a glass and cut both of them and injured the ulnar nerves right bellow the hand. After the surgery, I had pain and swelling, as expected, but it didn’t go away 100%. Even today I can still feel pain with the slightest pressure and the surrounding tissue is hard. Also I have that tingling sensation from the wound up until the tip of the little finger. The feeling in the little finger didn’t restore fully but I managed to restore the movement as mich as I could, with playing the guitar. I lived with all that and ignored it up untill recently when it started bothering me. Any advices?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My advice is that you contact your doctor by telephone and simply ask. I know that sometimes they will forever be numb right around the incision. For example I had a hysterectomy at the age of 35. In order to accomplish this the doctor made a 4 inch cut just above my pubic area. I'll be 57 in September and it is still numb. I don't have tingling like you but the nerves where not damaged like they were for you. So what I'm saying is it's very likely you will always have some degree of numbness. You may also always have tingling, but as long as you can still use your fingers and hand you should be okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.