Pain in my side

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

For the past few months ive had attacks of bloating and intense back ache to the point that i can only sit with a hot water bottle to get any relief. It usually disappears on its own for a few weeks and I feel fine. The latest attack hasnt gone. The back ache isnt as bad but the worst pain or dull ache has settled into my upper right side from my ribs going down to my hip. When i stand or walk it starts to cramp then gets quite painful. Its not like my hip hurts its just feels deep inside my muscles. My tummy is pain free and my bowel movements are ok. Fed up now...ive been referred for physio but im not convinced its muscular...going back to my gp next week..any idea would be appreciated

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane

Right side beneath the ribs is the right lung, then the diaphragm muscle and next we come to the liver, pancreas, and gall bladder.

Perhaps you are having gall bladder attacks...your symptoms fit, but please notice thay I do not have M.D. after my name.

Try avoiding fatty foods, spicy foods, rich foods.

kind regards

• Posted

Hi,

Thankyou for the reply. I have altered my diet slighlty since this has all happened but i think i will limit or cut out the foods you have menrioned and see if it helps. Much appreciated 😊

• Posted

Hi

If the modified diet helps, you still need to see your physician because an infected gall bladder is a nightmare to recover from. You also want to be aware of any gall stones you may have. If a gall stone were to become lodged in a duct...it would mean emergency surgery.

Not all gall disease has gall stones.

kind regards

• Posted

hi my name is claire, you have the same symptoms as what my mother in law did, i dont want to scare you but she had to have her right kidney removed because it wasnt working properly, please take my advice and go to your GP and tell them you want a ultrasound where the pain is, i hope you get the treatment and care that you deserve

GOOD LUCK XX

• Posted

Hi Claire

Thankyou for taking time to reply. It worked out that I had a UTI. After a course of antibiotics it seems to cleared up now. My back is still aching but i think the physio i now have booked will sort it.

Take care

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.