Pain in right lower abdomen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am, 35 years old married with two kids. For the past one month or so i am, having pain in the lower right abdomen at a specific point near the muscle around the hip bone. I normally feel no issues with it while i am, walking or lying down. Most of the times i feel it while i am, sitting. When i touch the area i can feel it and after some times it gets better. Some times i also feel it in the pelvic area. May be it could be due to so much pressing of the area for detecting the pain. At times i have pain on the right side in the back as well just at the end of the last rib.

I went to GP and Surgeons respectively. The GP said i have neuralgic pain though i dont feel like it as it is there on pressing etc. Where as the surgeon check me up twice (with a gap of 10 days to see any symptoms to appear), palpating my abdomen at all areas and didnt find anything and said its muscular. He gave me muscle relaxant which i took but hardly any difference.

Blood work was done (CBC) which came back normal.

Ultrasound of complete abdomen also came back normal

Urine report said no infection , PH was 5 and few calcium oxalate crystals were there

I am, worried for it as its all over the place. I checked it over the internet and it says that the symptoms are of Testicular Cancer. I am, worried for it .. i checked with my doctor but he laughed that out.. but so far the pain is still there.  At times it gets better but its there. I also have mild constipation but after a few days it gets settled up and then comes back again.

Any thoughts, suggestions are welcome.

Regards.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds rather like IBS.  I started with constipation which cleared up and then kept coming back.  Then the stomach pain appeared.  It was dull or deep grinding, stabbing or neuralgic/sore to touch. I also had loose stools.  Has your doctor suggested IBS?  I would also keep a food diary to check for food intolerance.  Has h pylori been ruled out and parasites along with bowel investigations?
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying. I dont have loose stools. The doctor didnt suggest IBS. The pain is there with touch .. when i hold the area between finger and thumb i feel a small lump (its on the other side too may be its muscle fibre) but on the right side pressing it creates pain and that is where exactly the pain is . it is sore and painful on touch for sure.
  • Posted

please help !!!
    • Posted

Hey victor did you find out what it was?

I'm 30, a programmer so I sit a lot. A couple months ago I've been starting to have a weird pain near pelvic bone. It progresses. Now if I lie down and press on it it hurts! Oddly enough if you press several times it seems to go away for a bit. Sitting for an entire day makes it worse. Its also worse if I bend over, feels like a knife through my lower abdomen near the groin if I put weight on the right leg.

I have IBS-like issues too but somehow I dont think this pain might really be colon related.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for Ur msg. I have been through to the urologist as well to get testicles checked up. He says nothing like cancer but u may have varicocele as if nothing comes out it could be it. But I was not satisfied with varicocele. It still seems its something to do with the muscles or abdominal wall. As I get it on bending and sitting for long. I am also a programmer so I have long sitting periods. The surgeon I referred to earlier said the same but the only issue is that can muscle pains take four five or six months heal up. Its been 3 months to my problem but still its there.

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.