Pain Management

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had servere back pain for a number of years i have had 3 ops my last op being metal rod, wedges, screws, and a cage i know ouch, i now have a spinal cord stimulator, cut down my morphine from a 100 Mgs morning and night i was on 30 Mg's morning and evening,but my pain seemed to be getting worse so i am now on 500Mg's morn and evening and have had my tegretol increased 2 in the morning 1 lunch time and 1 in the evening i am also on Naproxen twice a day 500Mg's i also have ibupaphen to take 2 four times a day i would like to lower the dose on all the pain killers i'm on am getting very low and tearful and finding allthis to cope with, i have anexspensive gaget inside me and yet i am still in pain this thing do not lower the arthritic pain i have so now i am thinking why did i bother. I must sound really ungrateful but i'm not just need some more help to control my pain. Any ideas any body i'll try anything. Thankyou in advance.

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of all the pain you are going through. Ive had chronic low back ,hip, and pelvic pain for a lot of yrs now. ive been going to the same pain dr for nearly 20 yrs and about 6 wks ago he took me off of my meds that were working, at least i could tolerate the pain and receiving injections. I wont go into the details but im trying to get into a new pain dr which is not so easy. There is one here that puts a pain pump in your spine and it injects medicine, i think morphine automatically. you have to go in every so often to get it refilled. I don't want to do that just yet because I  know if im on something stronger than what he has me on now which is percicet 7.5 4x day  I will feel better. He has had me on oxycodone first, then two types of morphine at once and then methedone which i took 4 ,10mg a day and that work great. Im 52 he gave me two different reasons for taking me off the mehtedone. so not sure which to believe. and he did that all at one time and first put me on a patch and had a bad reaction to and he would not listen to me until i finally refused to wear the 4th patch. thats when he put me on percicet. im stil in so much pain but not nrealy as much as when i was on the patch. Drs need to listen to their patients more. But ive heard good things about the pain pump, im just nervous about it being in my spine. So if you have not heard about it look some info up or talk to your dr about it. Like I said ive heard good things about it.  good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.