Pain near incision belly button

Posted , 3 users are following.

8 months post op of removed gallbladder. 

While I doing sit-up for 5 to 10 times, I will feel pain at bit right side of my incision belly button. Sometimes when i move or doing certain movement, the pain will sudden come out too~ and is only pain at right side, left side never pain. Izzit my operation wound not yet fully recover? Izzit Abdominal adhension? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

8 months post-op your incision should be healed. It could be scar tissue or an umbilical hernia if it doesn't go away you should consult with your Dr. hope that helps.

• Posted

Ic ic~ Next month I will have a appointment with my doctor. I will told him my pain. Hernia... I dont saw a bulge at my belly button. I juz saw a red small 'O' dot near belly only.

• Posted

I agree with the other poster about it possibly being a hernia and about you needing to see a doctor if it persist. But I also want to state that while you're doing your sit-ups you need to be absolutely certain that you're doing them correctly so that you don't injure yourself. Doing sit-ups is an easy way of injuring your lower back. This is how I injured my lower back and now I suffer severe pain and have been on opiates for 13 years because of it. So please be very careful with your setups

• Posted

Thanks~ I will be very careful with my exercise. And next month I will go meet my doctor n tell him about my pain. Wish only muscle pain, not other pain XD

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.