Pain On Perineum Area and small Inflammation Male. 5 visit to doctors, pain still present.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello,

I have been suffering from inflammation and pain on the perineum area for the past 3 weeks. I also had constipation for 2 out of those 3 weeks. First two doctors seem to have misdianossed what I have on the early stages(One said Jock Itch, other skin irritation do to new detergent). Third doctor indicated I have proctitis and gave me antibiotics for it.

I completed the 10 day dosis of BACTRIM/SEPTRA DS) 800-160 mg Oral. The inflamation and redness and the area improved on day 7, but the pain was stil present. As of today, I still see inflammation on the perenium, causing small discomfort when I walk or wear underwear(I am trying boxers now to avoid skin rubbing). The pain on the perineum increases when I sit. Doctor prescribed a second 10 day cycle of same antibiotics, but I am not sure if this is really going to help at all.

To conclude, my sypmtoms are:

Small skin Inflammation on perineum(behind testitcles and lower checks on anus)

Pain on the area when sitting( I have to use a pillow to decrease pain)

Constipation comes and goes( gone for the past 2 days)

I do have frequent urination, was reading the description for Chronic prostatitis, and sounds familiar to my condititon with the exception that I do not have anything wrong with urine(test done). Anyone here that has suffered from something similar? The discomfort is stopping me from doing my regular activities do to the pain. To me it does not make sense to run the same cycle of antibiotics if pain did not go away after the first one.

Thanks,

Axis

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Dont see logic in same anti biotics if first lot did not work though sometimes longer course is needed.

What about some caneston for the skin usually very effective

• Posted

Hello Jon5,

I was given a fungal cream and powder as well for the skin. One doctor also gave me a cream for skin dermatitis. I used treatmen for both fungus and bacteria, the inflammation for the skin was reduced, but it is still present causing discomfort. The pain on the perenium has not change much with any of the medications. The antibiotic did help reduce inflammation and pain during its first 7 days, but nothing has changed since day 7.

• Posted

First we must clear something up. Did the Doctor tell you you had proctitis or prostatitis? You mention it both ways in your discussion. Prostatitis is a complication of urinary tract infection or recurrent urinary tract infections. Not sure why they would diagnose you with this in the absence of UTI or at least a history of it. Proctitis is almost always a complication of an STD and what particular STD would need to be identified to determine the proper course of treatment. Otherwise, you could harbor bacteria that are completely resistant to certain antibiotics. Also, hemorrhoids can produce somewhat similar symptoms...I only mention this because of your mention of constipation. Straining at the bowel can cause hemorrhoids to flare up and can make it very uncomfortable to sit or have anything rub. I would first clear up what your Doctor told you...then I would question the treatment in the absence of UTI and no further testing.
    • Posted

Hello crystal63405,

The doctor said I have proctitis. No std. The pain started with a small external hemorrhoid, but I was informed they were not related. Hemorrhoid was cured a few weeks ago.

• Posted

Hmmm...still not sure what they are treating with antibiotics...possibly what they think is a skin infection of sorts...there are 2 STDs that would require blood work to see if they are present...herpes & syphilis. Also, there could be  internal hemorrhoids that are still inflamed. 
    • Posted

I did a blood test a few weeks before symptoms as part of my yearly check up visit in March. I have not been sexualy activice this year. I am also surprised about the second cycle of the same antibiotics, since the first cycle did not work(it helped reduce pain an inflammation, but did not stop it). The urgent care facility doctor I saw on Sunday was the want that recommended a second cycle, I emailed by assigned doctor about this. He read the previous doctor notes, and agreed with a second dosis. As of today, the discomfort on the skin on the perineum area is getting worse.
    • Posted

A blood test for a yearly check up usually does not include testing for stds...these are done only when patients present with symptoms of a possible STD. Herpes is not curable and can only be treated with antivirals to suppress the outbreaks. Outbreaks will happen intermittently causing blister like lesions in and around the site of transmission of the virus. These very small to larger blisters can rupture oozing small amnts of clear drainage. This leaves behind red lesions that can be painful and can itch...this drainage is infectious meaning you can spread it around to other areas of the body...Antibiotics do not help it because it is viral not bacterial...Syphilis requires a lengthy regimen of specific ABTs as left untreated can cause severe complications...It sounds like you need to ask your Dr. what exactly it is they are treating...if it is proctitis what caused it...asking I think will clear some things up for you...and I understand sometimes a lengthier course of antibiotics are necessary but you should be getting better not worse...you need to call your Dr. to let them know this.
  • Posted

Hey smile 

My boyfriend has the same problem! a little infflamation on the perineal tendum, he feels uncomfortable when sitting but he has had it for about 3 days and we want to prevent it getting worse. Have you found out what it is? 

I'll keep reaserching and I'll tell you if I find some anwers. 

Thanks and good luck! 

• Posted

Hi there I m experiencing similar symptons I missused prostate massagers and had a horrible pain covering the perineum doctors undermine this I m.in Peru by the way. I got tests urine showed normal and blood n testing for prostate cancer and nothing I was first diagnosed with hyperactive bladder then prostatitis then cistitis I take meds for depression and ADd in high doses, another issue I am working on sitting hurts I have the urge to pee 60 times per day
  • Posted

Hello Axis

I have the same symptoms. My pain in perineum started after constipation and I also have hemorrhoids. I visted Urologist and he prescribed me antibiotics for 15 days. There is slight relief from the pain but I feel discomfort and pain while sitting and passing my stool.  

How are you doing now? 

Thanks

SP

• Posted

I am 34 year old male. The way you described and un-comfort / pain you feel in daily routine, is exactly I have been experiencing. Its been more than 3 weeks now, and I have too gone through 2 antibiotics courses as prescribed by the doctor. First I had Ciplox 500 for 5 days and then Oflox OZ another 5 days. I am not sure if it benefitted at all. 

However taking a break from work for 3-4 days did help reduce some pain, that is when I avoided seating at all. But as soon as I resumed work, the pain and uncomfort on perineum area came back. Now the only way to reduce pain is to NOT Sit. 

Doctor did advise MRI scan to figure out anything internal. Just a quick mention if this can lead to any conclusive evidence, I had jock itch before this and started applying over the counter creams and then also doctor prescribed cream, tablets and candid powder (to treat fungus, bacteria and allergy). So it took 4/5 week to sort this out with all creams and everything. And as soon as jock itch subsided, I got into this problem of perineum pain. And its been really tough since then. 

If by any chance you guys have found a solution OR have been diagnosed accurately OR (I wish) you have been cured from this problem, please share your thoughts and advise what can be next move on this. 

I have been doing Sitz bath since last one week now, earlier I thought, it gave me a relief but since yesterday, I feel not a single sign of improvement has been there. 

Un-diagnosed problem and no fruitful treatment is making my condition worse. Planning to go for MRI scan this weekend, if nothing improves and as I understood from this forum, I should also get urine and blood test done (while I do not observe any symptom for prostate and hermoroids).

I would be really thankful and appreciate any guidance on this matter. Most importantly, you current situation avalos316. 

Cheers  

• Posted

Hey just curious what ended up happening in your situation? I have very similar symptoms that appeared immediately after my jock itch cleared up as well...I'm visiting the doctor tomorrow but figured I would see what happened with your situation..any reply will be appreciated!

• Posted

Hi im looking for some reassurance i think. Ive been having terrible pain with suspected prostatitis but have had 2 weeks of syprofloxin antibiotics but not any better. After reading perniel problems its a match to what im going through. I have aching in bum and pressure in lower back passage . Also bowel motions have changed with this i.e cant do much. Doctors examined me and said prostate was inflamed and next doctor says its ok and yet still in pain. My pain and discomfort is inside anus area . When i first wake up in morning i feel great but after half hour its back. Can you give your thoughts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.