Pain over different areas of arm, and hand

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am disabled with a numer of back conditons and arthritis in various zones I started having an ache some months ago at the top  fron t of my right arm, my doctor sent me for an exray, which turned up nothing. Yet now the ache is now pain and not just at the front top, its onthe round of my shoulder, the underside of my arm at top, my hand and 2 fingers seem like they have been sat on and sort of numb and tingerly.Last night i found that  my underarm hurts and in one spot partculary sore. im unsure to go back to doctor. Im scared they will think im an hypocondriacte. Any ideas what it could be ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi caz1967

The hand and two finger pain could indicate Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.....aso the arm and shoulder pain could be referred pain coming from your back conditions if you have upper back ( thoracic) pain....go back to your dock and make these suggestions...most of the time you have to tell them......don't be apprehensive about going back to the doc that's their job, and that's what they are paid for ......best wishes....

• Posted

Thank you, my back problems are all lower back, ill give it some thought.

​carolbiggrin

• Posted

I have to agree with what the other commenter said. It Probably is carpal tunnel. But once when I saw the doctor about he told me you could feel it in your shoulder blades as well and happy for your shoulder so all of your pain could be due to carpal tunnel .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.