Pain relief fentanyl

Posted , 4 users are following.

so i have recently been prescribed fentany patches by my consultant and just wondering has anybody got on with these well? and also what side affects did you first get?

thanks in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I only used patches for a week in my life I'm just going to tell you what I've heard others talk about. some of the downfalls I've heard people talk about is that your pain is much greater on the last day before you change the patch . That would depend on how frequently you're allowed to change your patch and of course your pain level . some doctors will give you breakthrough opiates as well . these are used for breakthrough pain . fentanyl in particular is in high demand with drug addicts so I strongly recommend you get a lockbox and keep them under lock and key . never trust anyone, not even your own mother. I'm just kidding about that. A good thing is that if you are throwing up from the flu or some people throw up from pain at least you will continue to get your pain medicine in your system. More than once I have thrown up my pills right after taking them and since my doctor counts my pills I couldn't even take another one even knowing that it was not in my system. I hope that helps a little bit.

• Posted

hi thank you for your reply! its day 1 on them today and i am feeling a lot better with the pain already, i have made sure they are kept out of sight as the GP said they are really strong etc. he has given me something to help on the last day aswell , but so far so good!

• Posted

I'm actually going to see my doctor re patches for pain and anti inflammatory as I'm on targin,endone,inza500,paracetamol, and lyrica for a prolapsed disc.

I'm hoping to cut out some tablets to ease the pressure on my organs and stomach with the patches

• Posted

i am on them now and its the first full day and so far so good no where near as much pain as i was in! the GP did warn me that on the day of changing the patch the pain may become worse again but he has given me something just to help on that last day! hope this helps

• Posted

I am quite jealous of you . haha ! I only wish I could be on the patch to instead of having to take all these pills . I'm really glad to hear it's working for you . Good luck to you

• Posted

I was on the 100 mcg patches for 4 years for chronic back pain. I had an real issue with them sticking and I was allergic to the glue. I was even on them throughout my entire pregnancy with my pregnancy with my twins (at age 40) who were born healthy. When they were 2 I was hospitalized to detox off of all opioids, which was hard. I started taking Topomax which actually controlled my pain better than the patches and oxycodone. I'm happy your pain is better, but just understand how addictive they are. And yes! Lock them up!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.