Pain relief for herniated disk

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had this since Feb last year, have just got appointment at pain clinic, they sent me back to docs for urgent pain relief but docs won't give me anything without written confirmation. Am in so much pain, cant walk or sleep, am at wits end? You cant get docs appointment for 4 weeks.am desperate. How or what is best pain relief & how can i get them to address this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

id complain like crazy..... and ring pain clinic see if they can contact your dr. 4 week wait is madness.

• Posted

There is a number for the clinic as I was referred to them this constantly rings or is engaged but I will try as I always do.The trouble with these things is nobody wants to own responsibility, you can't phone someone and tell them it goes round and round.

• Posted

So sorry you're going through so much pain. 4 weeks wait is unacceptable. Why not do a trip to A&E for urgent pain relief management.

Their discharge letter would be copied to your GP for follow up.

I hope it gets sorted soonest.

• Posted

can you go to emergency at hospital to get some relief? This is really cruel, the lain from herniated disc is excrutiating. My best wishes are with you.

• Posted

I did take myself to A&E last November, I was in so much pain, I can't really drive as a result of that drive as it was quite a way up the motorway but I got there and they sent me away with co-drydromol trouble is I keep crying as well now when I think about it as this has been misdiagnosed by first physio who thought I had one leg longer than the other so its been going on a fair old time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.