Pain, Spasms, tension all over body, please help me :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 25 year old male. for about 8 months now i have been living in absolute hell. it all started out with a bad case of costocondrtis. a month or so later i started getting really bad neck and jaw pain. shortly after that the pain was in my sides and hips. now im having horrible pain on the top of my hands (only when i bend my wrist down...and also sharp pains in my eyes....

my doctor have run many tests but cant find anything... last week he threw the anxiety word at me...like anxiety could be causing all of this horrible pain... do i have anxiety now? of course because im literly always in pain and dont have a cause...

He put me on cymbalta and thats where i stand...

can anyone here help with or give me advice? i cant keep living like this..im going to be a father soon and i want to be able to play with my child 😦

Tim

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

are you on statins for cholesteral? If yes look up side effects. Any medications at all google side effects. See a neurologist! Best of luck.

• Posted

Has anyone done an MRI on your back, hip and neck? If not you should demand it because a standard X-ray does not show problems with soft tissue like discs or muscle among other things. It also can miss broken bones. The pain in your hands is probably related to your neck and jaw pain. I also wonder if you really had costocondrtis. I have had several intercostal muscle strains that a lot of people thought it was costocondrtis, including me. Finally my pain management doctor told me what my actual problem was. It feels like I have a knife stuck in my ribs and every time I move the "knife" I get a terrible sharp pain. Unfortunately there is no cure for it just treating the pain which is the same for costocondrtis. You could try a nerve block. You will have to see a pain management doctor to have that done. I had it done once and it did not relieve my pain. the reason is because it's only a guess as to which nerve is causing the pain. I wish you luck on getting this pain under control. as hard as it might be, try to not let your pain dampen your excitement over the impending birth of your child.

• Posted

Were you taking any medication for your primary illness ?if so wich one ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.