Pain When I Swallow

Posted , 3 users are following.

This has been on for approximately two months now. I feel pain sometimes along my throat as though my Adam's apple were spiny and pushing against my skin; keep in mind that my Adam's apple is neither visible nor palpable. Sometimes I feel the pain around the left side of my throat. The pain varies in intensify - sometimes it's mild and other times it's pretty discomforting.

The weird thing about this pain is that I can't feel it when I feel around my throat, but it's always there. There's no swelling whatsoever, which adds to the puzzle that I feel right now. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Thank you for your time.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've never had them so I really don't know what it feels like but you might Google tonsil stones. They are a real thing and I have even seen directions on how to get them out of your tonsils. Although you may not even have tonsils I don't know. But you can see them when you look in your throat.

The other idea I had was a goiter on your thyroid. However I think you'd be able to feel that unless maybe it's not big enough to feel with your fingers. But whatever it might be you need to be seen by your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I plan to see a doctor this morning. I really don't know what's going on with my neck area. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.