Painful lump on clit. Should I be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so, I'm 15, not sexually active, and never been to the gyno. About a week ago I got a UTI. Around that time a small lump appeared on the clit. It has grown in size since then (this started around monday or Tuesday ((its now Saturday)) and has started to become quite painful. Its raw and hard to the touch, it hurts when my legs are close together (which has become quite inconvenient since now i have to sit with my legs farily open). Im worried it could be something bad. Should I see a doctor? If so can I go to a regular ER or do I need to make an appointment for the gynaecologist? Im not sure If i can wait till Monday to get it checked, my pain tolerance is really low lol. Another thing, I really hate talking about these kinds of things because im awkward and shy. i have not yet told my Mom because I have no idea how to bring it up.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hon tell your mom could be nothing or could be very serious

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel about bringing this up to your mom. I was a bit younger than you are when I developed a terrible itching down there. And like you I had never been to a OBGYN and I was not sexually active but I was embarrassed to mention it to my mom. Finally the itching got so bad I just broke down and told my mom. she explained to me that it was probably a yeast infection and then she said we just need to see the doctor so we can get it treated. at that time all yeast infection medicine was by prescription only) I don't know how your mother is about this sort of thing but I think you do need to tell her. it's not like you have to show her just to explain to her what's going on so she can help you deal with this. I don't know if you have already but you might even want to try to take a picture of it so you can get a better look at it. the emergency room can and will look at it and probably do a vaginal inspection. if you can hold out until Monday you are more likely to have a more compassionate doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.