Painful underpit and arm

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I've had this checked out as it hurt on the side as well. Doctor felt no lumps or bumps. I also do not feel any lumps or bums. All smooth. Just hurts. It has been like this for a month. Thinking about going into urgent care tomorrow since I do have other pains I want addressed. I do have some theories as to why it hurts. I sleep with my arm under my pillow all night so that could be why, my bras not fitting well due to gaining weight, or maybe just a hidden issue. It feels like tissue pain and not muscle pain so I am not quite sure. Anyone else have something like this? I am turning 28, have had x-rays done a few months back due to my asthma to check out my lungs. Have also had a semi full body xray for my torso area to check out my chest and other insides and nothing was found. I have had numerous blood tests done months ago. I'm just tired of always being in pain and feeling like I should be on the show House 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You have a network of nerves in your shoulder called the brackia plexus. They may have been injured by your ill fitting bra which is probably pushing down on your shoulder causing pain to occur in your armpit.  Also, especially as you lie on that particular shoulder during sleep. It would be a good idea to get yourself fitted with the correct size bra and try not to sleep on that shoulder and see if the pain is still there after a few weeks...hope this helps..best wishes..

• Posted

Yeah I plan on getting fitted as soon as I get paid which unfortunately isn't until next month. So I've been just wearing my bralette which is designed like a sports bra but with lace and padding. I try not to sleep on the left side but I am always flipping sides when I sleep. But it's been like this for almost a month so I figure I will get it checked out. The doctor who checked me out only touched my side under the arm down near my breast to feel for lumps. It hurts there as well as the pit. But better safe than sorry. 
  • Posted

Go for morning walk, it will give you fast relief. If this activity is not working take Ultram 50mg for fast relief.
  • Posted

Do you get armpit pain before your periods or during them?  I used to get intense pain there before my period when I was younger.  It eventually goes away.  Costochondritis can also be to blame because it affects the rib cage, breasts and can radiate into the armpit.  I had this for three months and it was very painful.  I initially blamed my bra and carrying heavy objects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.