Pains worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been having dull lower abdomen pain, under arm shooting pain, groin pain and shooting pains everywhere. I recently got told i have a vit b12 and folic acid deficiency, does anyone else have these pains???

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi jos321

Yes i had those pains and was B12 deficient...since my B12 has been brought up to normal levels for my age with 6 loading B12 injections the pains are going. I now have a B12 injection every 3 months.

Have you had an ESR blood test also..this is a Erythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood test which tests for inflammation in the body...I had this test and my ESR was high. I am if the opinion that my B12 deficiency caused the pain......best wishes...

• Posted

Thank you+ glad someone was in the same situation i was getting a bit worried x
  • Posted

I have also started spotting and having periods come earlier than should be
    • Posted

Hi Jos

How old are you?.....if under 40+ then it is prob part and parcel of B12 deficiency. I asked your age as it could be peri-menopause.....

• Posted

Hi Jos

Oh! Very young then. Why is your B12 low are you a vegetarian?..what is your diet like?....are you having B12 injections at your docs?.....if so see if your monthly cycle improves after the injections. You will have to give it some time after the injections for the B12 to do its job....if no.improvement then check with your doc.....

• Posted

Ive just been perscribed extra b12 and folic acid, my diets not very good i dont eat fruit and veg
    • Posted

Hi Jos

Thats good take them every day for the rest of your life!.are you taking B12 complex? as well as B12 they have all the other essential B vits that are essential for wellbeing....even during pregnancy B12 and folate are essential if pregnancy is a future plan...B12 is found in dairy, eggs, yogurt, some fish and meat and legumes and very few fruit and veg.....you cannot overdose on B12 because your body will only store what it needs and because it is water soluble it is excreted through urine or stored in the liver......hope your pains and menstrual probs alleviate soon don't expect overnight results give it a few months you may see improvement before then...my very best wishes....

• Posted

Also, get your B12 checked again in three months to see if your levels are normal

..if they are not you may not be absorbing the B12...but I don't think this would be the case at your age...but get it checked anyway....good health to you!!..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.