Pantoprazole for 2 weeks and suffering with a burning chest

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there please can someone offer any advice as im struggling with a burning chest since stopping panatopzole. i was put on them for 2 weeks as had inflammation and sore ribs. ive never suffered with hearburn or digestion before until stopping this medication a week ago. i also feel really tired, no appetite and have blurry vision and my tongue has gone yellow and extremley anxious. my doctor said that any side effects would only last 24 hours after taking the last one. please help!! thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

PPIs can stop you absorbing vitamins so it could be you are a little deficient. Get some multivitamin and mineral tablet and take 1 every day to see if it helps. Get a tongue scraper and use it every morning and evening after brushing see if it clears up. It maybe that you have h pylori have you been tested for this? Did you have a gastroscopy before going on the ppis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.