partner taking omperazole ,,

Posted , 4 users are following.

My partner had a duodenal ulcer which burst last year and has been taking 20mg omperazole ever since ..however for past couple weekends when he's drank alcohol he seems drunk after a couple of beers and speech slowed down I've been on and on wondering if he's taking something ..today I look at he's meds and the omperazole has 40 mg on box and tablets are 40 mg sticker on front clearly states 20 mg he should take ..any one no if it could be dosage .???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It looks as they the pharmacist has given your husband a stronger dose than prescribed. I would go and speak to him/her. If that's the case it is a serious error.
  • Posted

I would definatley get intouch with pharmacist but first of all ring NHS helpline or speak too your own GP could be the dosage

• Posted

I'm not sure NHS helpline could help,as they won't have access to your husbands records. Your GP and pharmacy will be open in the morning so I would get your husband to ring then. Some patients are prescribed 40mgs so it's not overly excess
    • Posted

He's been taking 40 mg from 11th may he works away during week an home on weekends I've seen a change in him he's not the same ...
  • Posted

Its essential to go visit your GP, this is a serious error on behalf of the Pharmacy.

Any issues with a drug should be reported to the GP, he will only know if you inform him.

Has he been taking this drug continuously for a year? If s, I would definitely go back and remind your doctor, as this drug should not be used continuously for a long period of time.

I would be asking about having this stopped...but remember, alcohol is not good for someone prone to ulcers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.