Permanent sore throat / covid

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son is positive with covid now , he is day 7 in to it . He had been suffering with the most horrendous headaches , fever etc . Over the last three / four days he's developed an incredibly sore throat , this just doesn't seem to get any better at all . Each day i hope when i ask him if it is even slightly better he may say yes , but it isn't . It's really starting to get him down now as its making it very difficult for him to eat, and when he is as run down as he is nutrition is key. Has anyone else had this symptom? Is this normal ? Any advice ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

how old is your son?it’s really important to make sure that he is staying hydrated with water.drinks like Gatorade also have electrolytes in them which help.

it’s similar to the flu where we lose our appetite especially with a sore throat. but just don’t let him get dehydrated.

let The doctor know about all of this so that he or she can offer some remedies.

did he try gargling with salt water for some relief? or taking a steam shower helps also.

drinking extra cold liquids can calm down some of the inflammation in the throat or A popsicle.

use A humidifier to fight the dry air which can irritate the throat.

herbal tea is a natural anti-inflammatory. A little honey makes it taste great and Soothes a sore throat

how High is his fever?

Sometimes taking a tepid bath will bring the fever down. Not too warm not too cool.

these or just some things that you can do to help him at least get some relief.

hope he begins to feel better soon.

• Posted

I have something very similar. Except it also feels like i cannot catch a full breath - though my oxygen is ok.

Is he still having this? What did you do to help?

Best regards,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.