Persistent phlegm and cold after 65 days of recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had recovered from Covid in 1st week of March 2021 after 1 week of hospitlaization. my covid was moderate with moderate impact on lungs.The standard after effects such as exhaustion, lack of sleep and unlimited hunger, heart palpitations have gone away mostly however i have this persistant cold and phlegm which i am unable to get rid of. the runny nose is not continuous but it appears 3-4 times daily. the cough to clear my throat is very irritating and i am worried if this cold must persist after 65 days of recovery. Please suggest.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you had a moderate case of Covid with a week of hospitalization. It may take longer for you to feel a lot better. That’s a lot of stress that was put on your body. I have had a regular cold virus that caused me to have a cough for almost 3 months.

As long as you are not bringing up any green phlegm and you don’t have a fever, you may just have to wait it out however I would suggest that you speak with your primary care doctor to see what he or she recommends.

make sure you are drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and to loosen the mucus so you can cough it out. eat healthy foods especially vegetables to build up your immune system to fight this off.

stay away from junk food especially sugars which caused inflammation. Take care

• Posted

I could barely breath after doing the littlest of things for a month and a half. It takes awhile for cells the virus killed to be replaced. So stuff like a cold like symptom is your body rebuilding itself

• Posted

Hi, I'd like to know how long did the cold and cough lasted. I also have a runny nose that comes and goes and postnasal drip, which makes me feel like coughing. Did you take something to take that phlegm out? I feel mine sticks to the pharynx and down, I wish it was more líquid so it would be easier to get rid of it. I drink as much water as I can..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.