Pilots Medical and Polycythemia RV

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone in the community has experience of PRV and Class 1 medical for flying? I understand it should be no issue for Class 2 but was wondering if anyone had obtained Class 1 and is flying commercially?

Many thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Philip,

I don't know which country you live in but if it is the United States you an look at a website called faa dot gov. (I have to spell it out like that because this forum has a few glitches when it comes to links.)

That website goes into great detail about what is required. Here is a short extract.

"For example, any airman who is undergoing continuous treatment with anticoagulants ......chemotherapeutic agents ..... antihistamine ...... must be deferred certification unless the treatment has previously been cleared by FAA medical authority. In such an instance, the applicant should provide the Examiner with a copy of any FAA correspondence that supports the clearance."

• Posted

Well, I dare say that the CAA has similar ideas. Their website doesn't seem quite so helpful though.

It all seems a bit chicken and egg to me. 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.