Pins and needles with weakness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I have had weakness in my left leg and pins and needles, sometimes with a buzzing sensation. I also get sharp stabbing pains in my feet. Wondered if any one else gets this. Many thanks from Hayley xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I experience this as well. I have had a myriad of symptoms that my neurologist has dismissed as she wants me to have a shunt inserted. At this point, I hope that you find some relief as I am still trying to find a solution to assist with my symptoms. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Izzy, do you have medication? I know some types can cause pins and needles. I'm not on anything at the moment except pain killers. Hope you get some relief soon. Thanks x

• Posted

I am medication treatment resistant. I have tried Diamox, Topomax, and Lasix with not much success because the side effects and not being able to get to a theraputic dose were my problems. I don't take any medication and the pins and needles have occurred while on and off meds. For me, it's worse at night and during my PMS. Sincerely hope that you can get relief.

• Posted

I also have this problem...I literally call it "the bees" cause it feels like I'm being stung. My neurologist warned me that was a side effect of my medication (diamox). Are you on a medication for you diagnosis because that could be the cause.

• Posted

I am not on medication. It was worse when I was on Diamox but still occurs despite not being on meds. It is nerve wrecking and painful to say the least.

• Posted

Hi there, thanks very much for your reply. I'm not in meds at the moment nothing seems to help. I've had 7 stents and a couple of bones removed but still get so many symptoms. Many thanks xx

• Posted

Oh goodness, my dear...

7 different stents, or have you had to have them replaced?

I haven't had to have any surgeries at all...my doctors are hoping the medication I'm taking is helping because the swelling in my optic nerves has gone down. hopefully that is the case because I'd rather not have to have another spinal tap...

On my medication, I still wonder which symptoms I'm having are caused from the diagnosis or from the medication. There is a good chance some of them can be from the diagnosis too.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.