Please help... how likely is it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

How likely is it that I have Wegener's disease? After coughing up blood for 2 months I've just found out I have nodules on both lungs through CT scans. I can tell from the blood tests Doctor ran he suspects this disease. Awaiting results and a biopsy. I have a 3 year history of year round "non allergic rhinitis". Each year being awful from Feb to Sept mainly due to horrid cough and loss of voice in July and August. I have noticed multiple hard lumps under the skin all over my body. I have had sore red eyes for years and have joint pain. Would really appreciate your thoughts..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Sharonamy,

I think your Dr. Is right. My husband had constant rhinitis and nose bleeds, heavy crusting in the nose and coughing up blood as well. One of his eyes would be very red and light sensitive. Recently he has been very hoarse and his voice comes and goes. His Dr. Told us Wednesday that his WG was flaring up again and put him on methotrexate and soon Rituximab infusions. I wish you all the best and the sooner the diagnoses the better! Keep us posted.

Courtney

• Posted

It's very possible you have WG sounds a bit like it, especially the Rhinitis part which I had before diagnosis, as regards the lungs I'm betting test results will show WG, but let me say this Sharonamy dont worry you can live with this disease I have for 20 yrs and still going so plz NO worrying, keep in touch let me know how your getting on x
    • Posted

Hello Anni.

My father has just been diagnosed with severe Wagners. How has your quality of life been? I want to know if there's hope for my father. he was in excellent health otherwise.

• Posted

Thank you very much Courtney and Anni smile Feel very confused at the moment. The only benefit to having this disease at the moment would be if it's not cancer..
  • Posted

Hi Sharonamy  It does sound very likely that you have wegwner's.  I too have been suffering for 11 years but only diagnosed for 18 months.  I had to ask my doctor for a referal to Dr David D'Cruz at St Thomas's London to get that diagnosis even though I had most of the common symptoms.  Hope that you get luckier than me,  Regards  Jan6648

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.