PLS HELP. ANYTHING. painful itching & burning

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive gone to about 6 different doctors, absolutely no one is in a rush to help me

for three years now i have had chronic itching and burning in my legs and ONLY in the legs. there is no pattern and the only consistency i can find is it starting before i go to bed, right when i wake up, and every time i shower. ive gotten blood and EMG testing that come back normal. every single doctor says "i dont know". please if you have any advice at all please help me. i am in constant discomfort and pain every single day and cant function comfortably in my daily life. i recently was prescribe gabapentin but im halfway through the bottle and still in pain. please, any advice at all is better than what i have now. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I am not a doctor at all. Have you had any blood sugar work done? This sounds like neuropathy. Most commonly that is caused by diabetes. Try a CBD pain cream My husband uses one from a company called Nature Pure Life. They are online. ANy one should do, though. Just check out prices first to make sure you are not overpaying, that the business is reputable, and that it does not contain full spectrum CBD if you get drug tested at work. THC even from a cream will accumulate in your fat cells, and, as they are excreted, they could show up as a positive in a drug test.

• Posted

yes, have had blood work and an EMG/NVC testing that both came back normal. i will try out that cream though, thank you for your help!

• Posted

Are you on any medications that indicate these symptoms? Cholesteral medics (statins) are famous for muscle and joint aches that are profound. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi Maggie, So sorry to hear that you are going through this as I have it too, for about 10 years,so I know how you are suffering.I have scratched until it is bleeding. It is peripheral neuropathy.It is also in my feet, which feel as though they have had a local anaesthetic which is just wearing off....that sort of feeling.I put shoes on and I feel as though I am walking in shoes full of sand...an awful feeling but I have become used to it.

Most doctors cannot pinpoint the cause, though diabetes is one..As far as I know, there is no cure..I don't have diabetes.Doctor recently gave me a cortisone cream which helped but I could only use it for 4 weeks.I have also been using a lignocaine cream which has an anaesthetic in it.

I have made up my own cream which one third consists of olive oil;plus some lignocaine;a tiny bit of cortisone cream cream; Aveena ,which is a moisturiser and a cream made from honey and moisturiser.

I find this works well.I think the secret is to keep the legs and feet well moisturised.I know my skin is very dry.Since I have been using my mixture ,the itch has been much less. Try making up your own mix but make sure it consists of one third olive oil.My GP told me that.

Give it a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.