Poll: How long have your side effects lasted?

Posted , 1 user is following.

OK, so it appears there are many different horrible side effects from taking these medicines. I wondered if we could gave a post where we write down how long we took the tablets, what they were, and what side effects you had. Then how long your side effects lasted after stopping.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

In 2010 I was put on omeprazole for stomach ulcer and took them for about 6 months. I developed severe anxiety, intrusive thoughts, not like myself at all (never suffered with any mental health issues before). I saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed OCD & I had cbt. During this time I stopped medication as stomach ulcer had gone. It took 6-9 months to feel completely back to normal for me.

I was put on lansoprazole last year and exactly the same as when I took omeprazole the same intrusive thoughts appeared out of nowhere, heart palpitations, leg pain/ache and severe anxiety. I suddenly remembered back to when I was on omeprazole and so stopped taking them beginning of December. I took them for about 6 months, and I'm currently nearly 5 months not taking them and heart palpitations and leg pain have gone. Anxiety & intrusive thoughts are still here, to a varying degree (some days are OK, some days are awful- more bad days than good).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.