Polycythemia Vera rubra

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi there

ive been diagnosed with pcv 2 years ago and altho i suffer from the normal side effects like fatigue vision problems and so on.

however the itching is the worst i wonder if any fellow sufferer's have any ideas on how to stop it, an American woman mentioned protein powder before a bath or shower but im not sure so if any ideas please get in touch.

Tony

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tony I have been taking Beta Alanine Powder for about four years & it gives some relief from the itching. I take 1/4 teaspoon before I have a shower. It reduces the amount of time I itch after having a shower. I also take it if something triggers of my itching during the day. It takes about 15 minutes to settle me down. I also take non drowsy antihistamine. I very rarely have the three hours of itching that I used to. If I am busy & forget to take it then I suffer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.