Positive COVID test scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, ive just had a positive test ,

does any have to same symptoms as me? how are ye doing with it ?

Im so scared and my anxiety doesnt help

, - ive lost my taste & smell, - nose is blocked up, - pains in sides of my neck , - slight pains in my chest and back , - aches & pains in my arms and back, - cold shivers ?

im on day 5 from symptoms 1st day of results ,

i so worried

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

hi yes those are similar to the symptoms I had. Mine began with neck and shoulder ache then a dull headache. Had aches and pains everywhere to begin with even across my skull and eyes.

soaking in a hot bath and using heat compresses really helped!

• Posted

hi, thanks,

how long would you say you had it for? i thought i was ok yesterday but got pains again and my head spun! apparently you can test positive for up to 6 weeks after ,

all these aches & pains really worry me , my nose isnt blocked anymore but my smell is slightly back not alot , taste is stll not these, i thought my hands felt weak too, how are you feeling now,

• Edited

hi

it is scary feeling as there can be such an assault of symptoms. I saw a covid nurse about 10 days in because there was concerns about my breathing at one point. She told me that now they recognise anxiety as one of the symptoms. That helped me be less scared when i could see it as a symptom. Mine started with painful muscle spasm all down my right side from neck shoulders and down to leg and was worst at night stopped me from sleeping. It did shift though after about 3 days. The things id recommend from my own experience and wished id known from the start. Do breathing excercises You can find online or on .gov website or ask your dr. . Lie on your front for 20 mins at a time 4 x a day. Your lungs our placed near the back and lying on your back can restrict airflow. If id have been doing this from start i might not have developed secondary infection in lungs. Rest, drink lots of fluids, eat nourishing food little and often if your struggling with eating. Your body's using lots of energy fighting the virus and needs to be fed . Try and keep a note of your symptoms daily so you can inform Dr if you need to be in touch with them. At about 2 and half weeks symptoms started to drop away for me. Im now 4 weeks and still have fatigue and chesty cough but am able to be up for part of the day and do a few things. Peoples experience can be so different with symptoms and recovery times. You'll get there through it and if you feel anything is too much or not right phone your Dr or the 111 number and check it out. Take care and much healing to you. 😃

• Posted

thank you, hope your feeling better ,

im hoping the virus is going from me now , because as of today i feel so much better, only had one pain in the left side of my chest , not tired anymore , i just hope i wont be landed with something worse to come,

i do feel my back is sore when im in bed , so sleeping on my side,

mu boyfriend had it so i ended up getting it, and he only had odd pains in his head & sinuses , but i got the aches & pains all over , heavy chest , tired ,loss of taste and smell, feeling sickish , i suppose everyone is different, but yeah my anxiety is through the roof!

• Posted

Hi, ive just had a positive test ,

5 days ago I had dry coughing, today the cough has gone

no fever

, - ive lost my taste & smell, - runny nose - pains in sides of my neck , - aches & pains in my back, - cold shivers ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.