Possible allergic reaction to AstraZeneca covid vaccine?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I got my AstraZeneca vaccine on Friday.

I had no immediate allergic reaction to it. By Saturday's early morning I woke up with a fever, so I took paracetamol, later in the day fever came back so I took another pill and so on and so forth, took 3 pills in total.

By Saturday afternoon I noticed 2 spots on my leg and my stomach that appeared to be an allergic reaction, or maybe bug bites, they have since disappeared.

On Sunday I noticed 2 new spots near my vaccination spot on my left arm, along with other smaller spots I guess are called hives. The spots are itchy but mostly on contact.

I also noticed something very weird since it had never happened to me before, some kind of white spots that look like something dried up, at first it made me think of dried yogurt, but obviously it's not the case, they aren't itchy or painful, and one of them actually was removed with water gentle rubbing.

Is this a reaction to the vaccine? I'm not sure if I should see a doctor for this or if it's even related to the vaccine, but I have not eaten or been in contact with anything new either.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.