Post Covid -- Anybody else experiencing weird symptoms?

Posted , 9 users are following.

** I have been recovering from Covid but am still having challenges. The most significant regards feeling somewhat light headed as I drive or walk around. In turn, my stomach starts to feel nauseated because of feeling kind of a motion sickness. I find myself just staring at a wall or something on occasion as I feel totally in a fog. I am tired a lot and find laying down for a few minutes does help. Does any of this relate to anybody else? Am I going crazy?

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been feeling light headed/dizzy as well. Also have mild headaches, mostly in the area of my forehead. Been about a month now. Do you feel any better, i see this post is about six weeks old?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

I been having the almost same symptoms. Not sure if I got covid or a reaction from the Moderna booster shot. It started around Christmas time. Which was about a week after the booster. Woke up in the middle of the night with severe dizziness. It was followed by a pain in my stomach. Over time I found if I eat the pain and dizziness goes away. Come to find out that a person that want to the same party as I went to at that time also has the same exact issues. So not sure if I caught Covid, never got tested because I had no symptoms. But never know when I will get once of those dizziness flare ups. Hopefully this goes away.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

It could be POTS - postural... something syndrome. That means your nervous system cannot regulate autonomous functions properly. This is temporal. I have dizziness, heart palpitations and arrhythmia episodes after almost any physical activity or stress. I have read that this must go away in up to 4 month. My doctor says we still have to take walks, do some activities, to give some work to our bodies, while it relearns how to behave.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No, you are not going crazy. I am just getting to what I would hope to be the end of having covid, I have only had it for 7 days but I keep getting crazy amounts of anxiety and definitely the brain fog. I have never had such terrible anxiety in my life! And of course I am paranoid that it will turn into long covid. Here's hoping not. I hope you have seen some improvements since you posted this. Cheers

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No, you're not going crazy. I've had Covid 3 times since December 2020 and now have an array of different post covid manifestations.

First, the dizziness could be Vertigo. It's a common post covid side effect. I was diagnosed with that a couple weeks after having it the first time and still have bouts of it but my Dr. prescribed Meclezine (spelling?) for that which helps greatly with the dizziness and nausea.

A week before I had it the first time I developed these lesions on my feet that looked like red angry blisters. They showed up between my fingers too. It was painful and there were/are days when I can't wear shoes. It disappeared after I recovered from Covid but then reappeared each time I had Covid again (which was 2 more times after the first time)...AND because I am autoimmune anyway, it pops up now when I so much as get the sniffles.

I also have this weird thing that happens to my face. It too happened a week before I had Covid the first time....and spontaneously happens ever since.

First my eyes will become blood shot. Then my face will turn a fiery red like I had been scalded and become so very hot. My face gets puffy...my eyes get puffy...And then the next day it's completely gone. BUT ...the weirdest thing is two weeks later my face will peel like I had literally been burned.

My Dr. is stumped. He doesn't know what is happening...So no...you're not crazy.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up