Post Covid breathing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got Covid last year, was in ICU for almost 4 weeks and on oxygen at 55 liters for most of that time. I did get pneumonia associated with the Covid. I was hospitalized all of August and released early September to go home on 10 liters of oxygen. I finally came off the oxygen in November, did pulmonary rehab and was released to go back to work. It's now early March and when I check my blood oxygen levels with a pulse oximeter I'm still dropping into the high 70's percent-wise. I do recover back to 94% within about 15 seconds.

Does anyone know of anything that can help with the breathing, getting my lungs to heal faster, opening up my airways, getting the alveoli to heal, etc? I've had people recommend inhalers, but I'm unsure of which one to look into, if they'll even work as well. I do try to do some mild cardio (stationary bike) without going crazy so I don't drop into the 70s percent-wise for extended periods of time. I'm at a loss, no one in my region can give me any real answers, which I do understand since Covid is pretty new to the world.

Thank you everyone!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

were you given a spirometer when you were at the hospital? A device that you use to fully expand the lungs?

• Posted

Yes I was. I used it a lot while in the hospital and when released to come home. I also had another device that had a "flutter" to it to help vibrate my lungs when I exhaled (don't remember the name of it).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.