Post Covid Chest/Heart pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering if anyone that had Covid 19 previously has experienced heart pains, chest tightness etc weeks or months after.

By way of background, I am a 28 year old male who contracted Covid back in October, along with my parents who are in their 60s. Thankfully all of our symptoms were mild similar to a seasonal cold and all recovered within around 10 days.

Over the last few days, I have been experiencing acute chest pains in my left side where my heart is. This has come on all of a sudden, prior to covid and even during and after being infected I never experienced this.

The best way I can describe it is a feeling of sudden tension and throbbing around the heart, along with stabbing pains and some shooting pains in my left arm. I have booked a GP appointment as obviously this is slightly alarming, however I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced similar?

My dad who is in his 60s was affected with the exact same problem as myself, albeit a few weeks before.

I'm otherwise fit and healthy and to all intents and purposes this seems to have come out of nowhere.

I'm curious to find out if anyone else has had similar experiences and would welcome feedback from your experiences.

I have been told by NHS consultants that chest pain and heart complications are some of the symptoms that have been identified post Covid, however there's not enough data available so it would be great to hear other people's experiences to hopefully generate a wider evidence base moving forward.

Thanks for reading and keep on moving forward!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I developed chest pains like you described 5 weeks after testing positive. Didn't have breathing or chest pains before and only mild symptoms to start with.

I have had them 22 days straight now, even went to A&E and had an ecg I was that concerned.

I have to contact my GP for more tests to rule out anything else possibly causing it.

Its very unnerving, never had anything like this before.

• Posted

i had covid 4 weeks ago , l lost mu taste and smell and have also had bad pains in the chest area and upper back that comes and goes but is worse at night in bed.

how long did you have your chest pains for and what medication did you take to ease it

• Posted

Hey there, I got Covid back in January of this year, was 26 at the time, mild symptoms. Felt more like a horrible sinus infection more than anything. I experienced the brain fog, it caused my thinking to be slow and disconnected. Loss of smell, but had my taste and appetite as well.

Around day 6 or 7, I couldn't get that deep breath I desperately needed. I'm guessing my issues that have lingered are due to me having panic attacks (never experienced before) since I couldn't get that deep breath. I used an inhaler for about two weeks after I tested negative, it helped a little.

Unfortunately, the chest tightness lingers and it sucks. I can feel it in my sternum the most. It comes on as spasms, every now and then.

Recently went on a hike with friends and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. It wasn't even anything strenuous enough for my body to react that way.

I plan on making an appointment soon, but I wanted to see who else experiences this.

• Posted

Good day, I am having this problem. I Went to dr about 12 days after testing postive and showing symptoms of covid. Original Covid Symptoms werent terrible, but now im having Chest pain shortness of breath difficulty breathing. (actually tight chest almost the whole time, I had a chest xray and they said normal. I was put on Prednisone, Albutorol, Zpack and Benzonotate 4-5 days ago. Yesterday i felt decent with breathing issues off and on. Im not sure if its the prednisone or panic attacks or both with the worse breathing difficulties. How long did your symptoms last? did you heal fully?

jeff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.