Pproblems on omeprazole

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone ,I've been on omeprazole for 3+ years due to large hernia pulling in my stomach and causing major acid issues,never seemed to have an issue with it then in early August had a colonoscopy, everything has gone downhill from there,within a week I felt really dizzy and weak after numerous conversations with my gp he agreed to see me,checked me for stroke symptoms but all good ,sent me for a blood test which showed up extremely low levels of potassium.I had to be admitted for potassium infusions ,I'd been off of omeprazole for 2 days and started feeling better,thinking obviously it was because levels were increasing ,consultant put me back onto omeprazole and I started feeling I'll again weak,shaky,vision issues and dizziness.was released home as consultant said I'm fine probably my anxiety,she changed my tablet from omeprazole to lansoprazole because of potassium levels can be hindered by omeprazole,I didnt take anything for 2 days and felt fine no dizziness, vision issues just alot of acid.Started lansoprazole yesterday and within an hour could hardly see ,dizzy shaky weak and felt tight in chest and throat.contacted dr and was told to discontinue they would prescribe me something else which hasnt turned up yet.Today my visions ok but still abit dizzy and out of sorts ,is this normal?acid is on the increase,not sure what to take for this while waiting for prescription to come through ,I've read alot of interesting posts about omeprazole ,how long is it in the system for?any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.