Pray. And change your diet. Eat more vegetables, and drink water

Posted , 6 users are following.

Pray. Eat more enables and drink plenty of water

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Prayer is a lifestyle. Constant communication with Jesus. Eating whole foods etc is just healthy. Sarcoid doesn’t/ hasn’t responded to the food as far as healing but responsible nutrition is good. And auto immune probiotics all good regardless. Thanks for the reminder ✝️
  • Posted

That’s a must! And spinach I believe pulls me out of a flare. Spinach omelettes, salads, smoothies pizza, sandwiches instead of lettuce, either it really does or I’ve had several coincidences over a 7 year period.
  • Posted

Please don't impose your beliefs on others. I don't believe in any god(s). I do take my prescribed medicines which have kept me alive. I also have a fairly healthy diet but that was true BEFORE the Sarcoid diagnosis.

• Posted

I'm sorry but no amount of prayers, healthy eating, yoga, exercise or changing your lifestyle will not cure sarcoidosis. This is an autoimmune disease which unfortunately is with us for life. Granulomas is triggered from our bone marrow/stem cells when our immune system is compromised either with stress or illness, or sometimes when it just feels like rearing its ugly head 😕 I was diagnosed 10yrs ago shortly after my 30th birthday after 3yrs of blood tests/biopsies I was finally diagnosed. I've tried everything in the book, healthy eating, exercise etc to try combat this disease and I was even told by my rhumotologist "you can't yoga away sarcoid" and handed me the lethal 'methotrexate' and 'steroids' 😒

Accepting to live with the symptoms is unfortunately my best advice I can give. I wish it was more.

• Posted

I understand, however I do believe that the better you take care of yourself the better quality of life you have I was diagnosed at 45 and given 90 days to live. That was 9 years ago, I have raised another child to 13 and had the awesome privilege of being married to a wonderful man for 9 years that holds my hair out of the toilet due to chemo and methotrexate, have scene me in a coma from diabetes from steroids, trying every biologic trial there is and contracting TB and people I knew at the hospital thought I had turned into a painted junky instead of a allergic reaction to rifampen treatment for the TB believe my my Dr asked me to do this blog to encourage others not only for themselves but one of us that might need a positive word on a bad day. So yes All these things will not cure any of us but by the grace of god he isn’t done with me on earth I will take that and along with my perseverance give God the Glory. This is a positive but honest forum people reach out for different reasons. Sorry if you were offended by prayer but I’m a believer not a pessimist, I’ve also had my stomach cut from stem to stern because of sarcoid but I will give all I have until I can’t. Sorry your having a hard time.
    • Posted

I am neither a pessimist nor a believer , but have lived with Sarc for over 30 years. I respect anybody's right to believe in god, gods,prana, chi or whatever else is helpful to them. However, telling people that they should follow one particular belief system is unhelpful dogma.

• Posted

I have a daughter that is a non believer as well. Even thought she chose to have a child that had a 98% chance of being born without an auto immune system. However, after the baby being three weeks old this last Friday and blood tests revealed no sign of the disease in my mind is nothing short of a miracle. However I NeVer said anything about asking someone to believe my beliefs but I am free to share what has helped me through the tough times. It’s the pessimism that should be dogma! There is no one on this forum that needs the pessimism when they are asking for guidance with an “open” mind. Sorry you don’t agree.
    • Posted

Hi Camey. It was the original poster who was telling everybody what they SHOULD do. Sorry if it seemed like my comment was aimed at you. As I said , I don't have a problem with people believing whatever helps them so long as it's not imposed on others. My hospital Sarcoid team includes Christians, an Atheist and Hindus. Fortunately they are all skilled in medicine. Works well for me which is why I am NOT a pessimist !

• Posted

Sorry I am not a pessimist, I'd say more of realist, and my post was to give advice as are everybody else in this forum!

I have joined this group for advice and to follow other sarcoid suffered as it's a lonely old world for us.. not being religious or agreeing to certain lifestyles should not be an issue or singled out. I just marely shared what I had tried and tested.

• Posted

Sorry I am not a pessimist, I'd say more of realist, and my post was to give advice as are everybody else in this forum!

I have joined this group for advice and to follow other sarcoid suffered as it's a lonely old world for us.. not being religious or agreeing to certain lifestyles should not be an issue or singled out. I just marely shared what I had tried and tested.

• Posted

Then maybe if you are here for advice take what you can use and not taint the rest just because you don’t agree with it because what you don’t agree with Might help someone else. Nuff said.
    • Posted

As I stated before I understand your privilege what may be my truth or your truth but this forum is meant to take from it what you need I have met people from all over the world,  all educations and religions or lack of but they don’t have to defeat the hope that others have. It may not be your intent but look up the definition of pessimism or like words and see what you find. Yes medicine works for me but it was the love and hope of my faith that kept me hanging on when I Really was ready to die. I know I’m not the o ly one that has been in that spot because of pain, no answers, fear, fatigue depression believe me. I suffer, I’m here because my Doctor ask me to help educate with a forum that needed input from someone with first hand knowledge that HAS survived near death from sarcoid. I also know I’m not the only one that shares faith I maybe one of the few that isn’t afraid to speak of it. Good luck to you.
    • Posted

Are you confusing my comment with someone else's? You're coming across as very aggressive and I hope it's not because I said I don't pray because that is my decision and you should respect that.

I am on here to read and discuss about my illness not to have a religious battle with you. We are all sufferes on here so you shouldn't be condemning others for not sharing your religious beliefs. I don't wish to discuss religion anymore with you thankyou

• Posted

You're replying to somehing  I haven't said. I remain optimistic, always have. No problem with your beliefs. Just don't like being told what I should do (original poster, not you). Take it easy, we all are on here because we have this ailment, and are surviving it in the best way we can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.