Pregnancy and iih

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI My daughter has gad iih for approx 5yrs now, she is 33, and was diagnosed not long after her son was born. Shehas been on diamox all this time and has coped really well. She is now pregnant again approx 10wks, and has stopped her meds as per drs advice, but obviously is struggling somewhat, she seems to think that increasing her in take of potassium helps, and also drinking coffee, which isnt really advised but seems to help control the headaches and head pressure. Her concern is that as the preganancy progresses and the pressure increases there will be more headaches and problems with her vision.... my questions are these... has anyone on the site experienced pregnancy with iih? Has anyone comtinued to take diamox whilst pregnant, and what was the outcome? Has anyone found any alternative treatments to help relieve themhead pressure? Did the pregnancy go to term, and was it a natural birth? Did you have any lasting problems resulting from the pregnancy at all? And generally any advice would be gratefully received please...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the same questions but not pregnant yet. Has anyone had a c section? Were there any complications due to Anaesthesia?
    • Posted

Hi Ashley

My daughter is now 32weeks pregnant, she is planning to have her baby naturally, and doesnt want a C section if she can avoid it....she has been quite well so far, so fingers crossed the last part will go as good...I would have thought if you were to have a C section it would be with epidural anyway which I wouldnt think would be a problem...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.