Pregnant with polycytheamia ruba Vera

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve recently had a child whom I gave birth to at only 29 weeks, weighing only 730grams. She was very premature and suffered from this due to my blood condition. I need hope or advice as I may be pregnant with my second child (unexpected) and need some moms to shine light on positive/good pregnancy’s while having polycytheamia. HELP

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi amy. You didn't mention if you are on any meds to control the Polycythemia.normally, you would be put on meds to prevent blood clots. This would not be good for the baby. I hope some other moms have had the experience and can advise you. Your Hematologist may also be able to advise you. Best wishes, harrishill

• Posted

Hi Amy I had three children after my diagnosis two 8 pounders and one 9

Pounds. They were all well except my son had to have photo therapy for high bilirubin levels. This was down to blood type I think rather than my condition. Best of luck.

Alma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.