Problem getting Nefopam

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone not been able to get their prescription for Nefopam dispensed? When I took my prescription to the pharmacist he couldn't give me my full quota. He said there's a problem with getting the drug so I'm owed about 2 weeks supply and it's nearly time for my next prescription to be dispensed. Because of this I've only been taking it on a night. I also take codeine (I have rheumatoid arthritis) but Nefopam is great when I need something extra for the pain.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

From the start I've been prescribed Ora morph I'm on Neproxen co codamal gabapentin broke my leg 5 week today the 13 th should have gone to Rhodes on the 15 th 10 days ago I went down a drain with my right crutch did my.back plus it didn't help my lag Etc and still in pain any suggestions PLZ
    • Posted

Hello Kenneth, have you been back to see your GP who can advise you on your condition. You could also try the forum on other conditions to see if anyone can help you. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

When I rang my Doctor to refill my prescription I was told they were having problems so they aren't even giving out prescriptions for it, told if you have any problems to get in touch. I thought I was taking them because I had a problem!!!

Sorry to just jump in on your conversion, I am knew and had to say something. X

• Posted

Thanks Lynn. I haven't ordered any for a while and just managing with Codeine and not needed anything extra. After having a problem getting any things did improve so fortunately I have quite a few in case I need them. It's really frustrating when drugs are hard to get. 
  • Posted

There is obviously a real problem with these due to when you had problems and now me, I just noticed the dat on yours after I posted my note. I think it's disgusting that they tell you not to just stop taking your tables but they are doing just that themselves. I am pleased you are feeling a bit better now x
    • Posted

I agree Lynn. I know when I posted here last year  I Emailed the company asking them why there was a problem and if supplies were going to improve however I didn't get any response.
    • Posted

Hello Lynn,  I have been getting my Nefopam now without any problems. It may depend on what area you are in. Ask the pharmacist to ring the manfacturer to find out whats happened. 

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.