Problem having blood drawn

Posted , 1 user is following.

I haven't posted here for a while and am new but I am wondering if any of this is familiar. I have hht and also secondary polycythemia. I haven't had to have taken out as my hemoglobin and hematocrit have been high but yet necessary according to the hematologist. However, I haven't gone since Covid and am wondering if my levels might be really skyrocketed due to fact that they tried to draw blood at the urologist and said it was like sludge! She couldn't even get more than 1/4 of a tube and it was not liquid! Of course, I will call my hematologist tomorrow and hopefully get in right at way.

But on top of that, the reason I saw urologist, was due to having some blood in the urine. Is this possibly a symptom of secondary polycythemia ? I have had kidney stones and cysts for years that have been stable but my urologist wants me to get a ct scan after seeing blood in urine and I of course need to do this and am also wondering if it could be due to having high hemoglobin and hematocrit. In past I have always been able to have blood drawn and it's possible the tech at the urologist wasn't experienced but she seemed to get it in the vein and yet could barely get any blood out! Any insights into this situation I'd really appreciate.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.