Prolapsed disc L4L5

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all, going through hell at the moment with a prolapsed disc. I've been told it usually heals or improves significantly in 6 to 8 weeks with pain and antiinflammatory meds so surgery shouldn't be required. I'm up to week 6 and it is horrible. Has anyone gone through this and how did they end up?

mark 51 years old.thx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, yes you are going thru hell, I am so sorry that you are in this situation. I have been at this for years! Injured back in high school, progressed over years to herniated discs, fushion surgery , nevro nerve stimulater implant to opiates to help control the pain to have some kind of functioining life. Controling the pain is a full time job 24/7. The quality of your life now revolves every activity, move you make that will trigger a break thru pain episode. google your back injury to better understand your pain and what options you might have. Seek a pain clinic, a neurologist and ask your family and friends for their emotional support, you will need it. You are now a WARRIOR that fights everyday, 24/7 to find solutions that can help you on this most challenging and depressing journey. I am sending my best wishes and big hugs your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.