Proton pump inhibitor has caused me diarrhea!! Any one else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I got gerd and took 40 mg esomeperazole for 3 months with gaviscon now I have chronic diarrhea for 2 years I had cut down eating milk eggs pulses spices fried foods and high calorie fruits is there any one who experienced the same or tel what is problem with me??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was on lansoperasole and after two weeks I got diarrhoea- I am now on omeprazole and so far so good
  • Posted

Only3 months or still on a PPI?
    • Posted

For three months i ate regularly 40 mg esome gaviscon thrice a day but later twice a week omeperazole when required as i have cut down spice and oil and my weight has also reduced 7 to 8 kg do u people experience same with omeperazole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.