ra scan

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Im having ultrascan done on myhands tomoz for ra why is it only hands i had xrays done my hands and feet

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did your rheumatologist order this test. Ultrasound can tell  a lot about the body and condition you have but from what I know Ultrasound is not done on the whole body. And anybody correct me If I am wrong. You should request that they do an ultrasound on your feet too. Tell them the symptoms you are having and they can make a simple phone call to your doctor or insurance to get authorization. Hope this helps. Good luck tomorrow! smile 
    • Posted

Had the scan done have to wait a week for results hurtmy shoulder last nite not happyx
    • Posted

I'm so sorry. I am really clumsy too. My gait is off and I have neck / shoulder problems from disc and spinal. Basically my neck is straight when it should be curved. Not good. Maybe you are a good candidate for Epidural shot or you can ask your doctor for medicine for your neck pain. Do you take medicine already? With RA doctors usually give strong narcotics like oxy or morphine. Try a heating pad laying sideways on your bed with the heating pad covering the area where it hurts most. I have terrible shoulder pain about every other day and that is what I do. Sometimes I use a small ice pad for 20 minutes or so too, but I find that the heating pad can be left on for as long as you need. I leave mine on overnight all of the time and my doctor said it is ok. I'm having surgery monday to inject steroids into my back at the hospital. Fortunately I will be under anesthesia because when they do the injections and poke with needles it is quite painful. I hope this helps. Sounds like it hurts all over. Do you live in a state where you can get medical marijuana? They have specific types like Blue Indico that are good for pain and sleep. They also have types that are good for relaxation and being able to concentrate at work or on schoolwork at the same time. I would get a doctor's prescription. vaping it or using it in tea or food is the best way. Smoking it can be really harsh on your lungs. I hope you feel better. Call your doctor and tell them your neck is hurting now, or if you can go to urgent care if it gets that bad. I'm not sure what state you live in but here in oregon its hard to get medicine at urgent care. They have really cracked down on the narcotic use here because of the people that abused them and the deaths from overdose. I don't see this new law that they have applied as a good idea. I think it will cause more black market dealers to open up. By trying to solve one problem they create another. Plus, people who are not in chronic pain don't know the daily hell that we have to live with. Sometimes you feel like you are dying except slower and it lasts a very long time. I really feel for you and will keep you in my prayers. 
  • Posted

Is it the RA? Or is it something else that caused this like an accident. You said you hurt your shoulder. Did you fall? That happened to me in the shower this year. I've got such bad back and leg problems that I am off balance. It is now the weekend. Maybe if you haven't called your doctor yet you can go to urgent care. It sounds like you need more help. Do you have a Rheumatologist? They can help with all sorts of problems and prescribe medications to help ease pain. Doctors understand that we have accidents and flare ups when we are unbalanced because of RA, Arthritis, Spinal Problems, Feet Problems or Gait Problems. Meaning that when I walk I put more pressure on one side to compensate for the other because of pain. I am having a pretty complicated epidural injection procedure at the hospital on monday in my lower back and legs. Fortunately my doctor is an Anesthesiologist and he is going to sedate me. My best friend and roommate is going to drop me off and then pick me up at lunch time. I also found a service that I signed up for. Even though I am only 43 they consider me disabled and so now with 4 days advance notice they will take me shopping or to all of my doctors appointments. I got all of my insurance pre verified with pricing and copay so there are no surprises. Maybe you could benefit from Epidural injections? Or maybe your doctor can just do a pain injection that lasts 5 days until you are over the neck pain. I hope that helps. 
    • Posted

Thank you for helping me hope it goes ok monday for you soz to hear you r in so much pain i was asleep with my arms above my hand when i moved my right arm my shoulder suddenly clicked and i was in pain have docs appt next week keep your chin up
  • Posted

God even with morphine and paracetamols the pain is is bad my hands are sore and swollen my hip is really bad in so much pain now and sat iny bath and criedsad
    • Posted

Sorry meant omg no offence

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.