Random cramps in leg

Posted , 3 users are following.

For ever since I remember, I've had this random cramp in my leg(s) that's around the foot area and is only at night. It only happens about once a month (less now) but it's confusing as to why it's happening. In addition to this, it only really happens at night (never before 18:00 as far as I remember).

It feels like one of my feet are cold in a way, and that's how I used to describe it. It's like a dull ache that doesn't hurt but doesn't go away so it's just irritating.

I am heavy footed which means I'm supposed to wear insoles (which I always did at school)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be a number of different things. Having cramps in your feet at bedtime is not that unusual. Are you wearing the insoles now that you were told to wear when you were in school? If you have foot problems it would be very important for you to wear your insoles all the time. One other thing I might recommend is that you start taking a magnesium supplement. I get foot cramps all the time and someone suggested it to me and I started taking magnesium citrate and that's cured my foot cramps. I hope all this helps you. Good luck

• Posted

I stopped wearing my insoles as I'm now at college and it is a pain to find shoes that will fit my insoles in (plus I outgrew/wore out my insoles).

The cramps used to happen a bit more when I was younger (and they did happen even when I was wearing insoles) and are a bit less commonly happening now.

• Posted

Our bodies are so baffling when there are unexpected, and often unexplained health issues. I completely understand how difficult this must be to deal with. Keep us posted. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.