Request for Forum User Feedback

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hello,

We recognise that recent changes to the forums have not worked for all users. Therefore, we are now planning an update to improve users experience of the forums. As part of this we are requesting that you please add your requests or ideas that are your highest priorities as a reply to this discussion.

Once we receive a suitable number of suggestions we will put these into a survey where users can then vote for the change(s) they would most like to see in the update. Once we have the results we will do the required changes and share these with you for any comments before we release to the site to ensure we have got it right.

There are some things we cannot do such as removal of ads as they fund the site, reinstate emails for every post and reversion to old format of the site. All other constructive suggestions to improve the forums will be considered.

While we may not be able to do everything that is suggested in this update we will take note of users input in deciding priorities.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Patient

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hi I can't see anyone on forum now all chat to them, I don't get their emails.

Could you tell me why this has happened pls.

Regards

• Edited

i may be the only person who feels this way: i do not like having to look at pictures of people's mucus, wounds, compound fractures, etc., while in forums. I can deal with taking care of anyone's illness or injury, and have done so, but otherwise, if i want to see the gore i know where to find it in med sites.

Also, Alan, what has happened? Did i accidentally* put an email in spam so I'm not getting anything any more?

*yahoo has declared war on all the wrong things, such as my newspaper subscriptions, sending them automatically to spam. they have now decided that if we have ever once put something in the trash bin after reading it, then everything from that sender is spam.

• Posted

Hi Aitarg,

Re images, we cannot stop people uploading them and they are useful in many cases. What we are going to do shortly is add an "overlay" so the images are hidden until user clicks on them.

Re emails, due to recent changes which we are looking at reverting the only emails sent now are when someone replies directly to you or sends you a PM. You should receive an email for this reply, please confirm if you do or not and I'll look into if there is an issue.

To see all other notifications use this page https://patient.info/forums/me/notifications

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

It just occurred to me I had not seen a message from any subscribed forum or the site at all for some months. So I've never seen the changes. Smooth going, guys.

• Posted

hi how do i go about making an appointment to get a test for the Covid 19 i was asked by my Clinician to take one as ive had a new cough

• Edited

I haven’t been able to use the site for while as huge adverts come up and block the whole page and I can’t seem to get rid of them.

• Posted

When I load a page on this website it takes ages with a blank white page while it loads all the page code. This is rather annoying and would be nice if the page was built at the same time as the data arrives.

• Posted

I was in close contact with someone on Dec 28th. she tested positive for covid a short while later. does my two weeks quarantine start from that date. I am symptom free so far. how long more until I know I'm safe? any help would be truly appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.