Restrictive pattern PFT no scarring on CT scan?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my PFT shows a restrictive pattern have had 2 tests that measure consistent:

%Pred 

FVC:  68

FEV: 69

FEV1/FVC(%) 100

TLC: 81

My pulmonary doctor ordered a CT Scan and the radiologist and pulmo both said they don't see fibrosis or COPD.  There was mild diffuse bilateral bronchial wall thickening that was centrally patent.  He sent me for an asthma methacholine test; however, my lower FVC limit was too low to conduct.  The tech gave me ventolin and my FVC didn't improve.  He did say my PFT was indicated I was restrictive.  I know there are many on here that are in worse condition than I am and my heart goes out to you.  Wondering if it's possible to have a restrictive pattern on a PFT without having PF?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Marcus,,, I'm still learning about so many things, I have COPD & Emphsema & Fibrosis, Just not sure what kind of Fibrosis I have !!!  Glad to hear you are doing as well as you are. Wish I had answers But I don't Other people on her know way more than I do, Hope they reach out to you, I was told you can go on You Tube & learn a lot Give it a try smile Best wishes.. Nancy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.