Results for exon

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, my heamotologist has just phoned, he says my JAK exon 12 is negitive which it's now very likely I've not got PV, It would be extremely unlikely I would think. He now wants to do a full red cell mass test, basically to see what kind of polycythemia I have, the CT scan ruled out secondary in his thoughts, so he needs to know how high my red blood cells are within "my" body and plasma levels too, if I'm making too many red cells I'm polycythemia and I need to have a bone marrow biopsy if I'm making too little plasma then I don't know about what that means Etc etc.... or even if my levels are fine for me!!! I'm a bit skeptical that my levels could be okay for me? Any advice?? Because I've got all these symptoms of dizziness, blurred vision and headache etc..... surely I wouldn't have any symptoms if my blood is okay for me?? My levels as of two months ago was 053 heamocrit 174 heamoglobin and red cells of 5.66?? Can anyone give me advice on the red cell mass test ive heard it can give false negitive results? Has any of you had one? If so what was your results? I was saying I'm changing heamotologist I will be doing, I'm just waiting for some phone calls, he just does not listen to you, the test he's given me are fine but I asked him if my blood was okay for me would the phlebotomist comment on how slowly the blood flows if my blood is normal surely it would flow okay? His response was she's probably not got the correct technique? 😳???? I also said I'm still not good with dizziness, his response again was people with higher readings than yours don't have symptoms so your probably got dizziness due to a different reason visit your GP! Plus he told me my epo was 8, he told me today it's 3, I said you told me it was 8!!! Did I?? Has he read it right I thought.... pausing for a moment and he proceeded to say that's not much different to 8! So it's still normal, mmm that's fine then I thought, I've got high red blood count, no primary mutation and no secondary issue found so we will say it's probably your normal levels now!!! I'm waiting for a few calls to be returned and I'll then ring him and tell him your sacked!!! Four months wasted!!!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good news! Once u have the bone marrow aspiration it may give a better picture 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.