Sarcoidosis and low-grade fever

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

I hope that you are all fine!

I just want to know if anyone of you has low-grade fever due to sarcoidosis. Lately, I have been dealing with this issue. It's quite annoying to have fever from morning till evening. Any advice?

Thank you,

Magda

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Magda

Ive not heard of it called low grade fever, but as I understand it not being able to regulate your body temerature is part of Sarcoid. Just from my experience, when i get cold im really cold then i over heat. I still get night sweats but not as bad as I did at diagnosis 2 years ago. There is often no pattern to when i get hot or cold and it doesnt always relate to the weather, room temp etc. It just happens. I just layer my clothes so I am able to try to regulate body temperature. I just accept its the way it is.

Sorry if this isnt what you mean. I hope youre doing fine too

regards

Nicola

• Posted

I totally endorse what Nicola has written

It really is a case of hot & cold.

Regards

Linda

• Posted

Hi Nicola and Linda,

thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Low-grade fever is fever ranging from 37.1 (98.78) to 37.3 (99.14). Sometimes, I have 37.2-37.3 all day long; other times I wake up with fever but it gets back to normal until evening; and other times, I feel feverish in the evening. There are days when I don't have fever at all...when I have low-grade fever, I also feel a little bit dizzy....So it's quite annoying...

• Posted

Hi there, I understand what your saying. I get low grade temps and hot and cold all the time. Very annoying. Must be part of it
    • Posted

Thanks Donelle...it means a lot to know I'm not the only one..

What can i say?

I really feel that I've had enough!

I'm gonna take my sarcoidosis and sell it at the auction house. Maybe it's a rare collectible item we have never heard about... smile

Joke aside, any other input will be greatly appreciated!

• Posted

Magda - what a great idea....we are unique so worth far more than an antique lol

• Posted

Lol, your funny. You have to laugh sometimes hey. I have never heard of this disese until a month ago. I'm still going through tests.just had the lung one
  • Posted

Hello again

I never measure or monitor my body temperature. I just know when im over heating or Im deeply cold. There isnt a pattern to it other than night sweats. the air temperature doesnt make a difference, the room temperature doesnt make a difference. When i go cold its hard to get warm again. The night sweats arent as severe or as frequent but I go so hot and sweating id need to change the bed clothes and my night clothes. When I have a hot mode my hair gets soaking wet as though Ive washed it. Its frustrating when it takes a great effort to go out, hair done, make up done and then a 'heatwave' happens and my face, hair and  makeup melt off and I feel worse than ever. But its how it goes. When I go cold, Im cold to my core and its harder to warm up than it is to cool down

I just accept its part of the condition and something to live with. I can say over the past few years it has become easier to live with and happens less frequently than it used to or am I just used to it?

• Posted

Curiosly, I don't have the night sweats most of your complain about. I guess I'm lucky. I used to sweat during the day, specially in the summer, but nothing major.

I monitor my temperature because it can also be a sign of TB (I had TB) so whenever I'm overheating, my first thought is, "I hope it's not TB", and I measure my body temperature, hoping that it's just a false alarm. It's kind of a game I like to play when I have nothing to do... smile Evidently, I'm quite disaopointed when I see 37.3.

• Posted

Hi Magda

Yes I get heat spikes for no reason but not the cold that you are refering to.

I also get hot just before going to bed of an evening. Most uncomfortable way to start your sleep session.

Night sweats are still a problem. In the morning sometimes my cloths and bedding are wet through. Even the mattress is soaking wet. It has been over 30 years with this situation so I have had to accept it for what it is.

Regards

Tangles

• Posted

Hi Tangles,

Actually, I'm not complaining about cold (others did); I just have a heat-spike issue. It's good to know that others are going through the same thing - yet, I don't really like the idea of encountering the same problem day by day...

anyways, thank you all for your input...I really appreciate it, and anyone else feel free to chime in...

What else can I say?

Happy Saturday to all of you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.