Sarcoidosis Awareness

Posted , 6 users are following.

April is the month of sarcoidosis Awareness. Will yous be wearing your purple on the 12th? I know we sure will 💜

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi shelby,

I will certainly be wearing mine on the 12th.

As it happens i wear the purple ribbon all year round i have it subtley tattooed on my back.

• Posted

It's not even on the radar in Australia. Mention "CANCER" and everyone is in on it.

• Posted

Hi zss

Do you really live in Australia like me.

Rare to find suffers in Australia

Regards 

Tangles

• Posted

Hello tangles, yes I live in Adelaide and I'm happy to see the damn humid weather go. But it may be short lived, it's getting back up to the high 20's next week.

Fortunately there isn't many Asthma and Sarcoidosis sufferers either.

Unfortunately, I'm one of them.

• Posted

Yes il wear purple, I didn't as being new to all this is it anything purple or is there a heart or badge type thing to buy?

• Posted

I have a bracelet that my friend got me, its purple silcone with a metal badge that says Neurosarcoidosis (one of the versions I have).  I also have a purple ribbon tattoed like the contributer above but that was originally for an aunt with brain cancer.  I wear my band most days my boys wear theirs and my BF.  It helps to make people aware of this disease since it makes them ask "who has brain cancer" and then that gives me a chance to explain Sarcoid and that is slowly making people aware.  I will be out West on the day "seeing" what I can see before all my vision goes (hopefully it will never go away completely but we should always be proactive) But I will definately also wear purple that day LOL for what good it will do.  But the silicone bands are pretty cheap and I think my friend just ordered them online and had the metal tag engraved.

• Posted

Hi

Im interested in the purple bands. I wonder if i can get them here in Ireland? If not what website can i buy them?

My family would wear them too.

I just really dont think its taken very seriously at all no matter where we are. Making people aware might get them to understand how serious it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.