Sarcoidosis & I'm scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had the cough a year ago & went to the docs who sent me for an x ray which led to a CT which led to pulmonary sarc - I have it in my lymphs & lungs.  

I work in sales & I have 2 little boys.

my breathlessness comes & goes , good days & bad.  But my condition peaks & troughs.

I had a flare up of rib pain over Xmas which went within a month with anti immflamatories.

since September I have had calf pain & recently pain in the tops of my legs.

its freaking me out, I don't take anything for my sarc.

Docs don't know about the condition & three months between consults is a long time if things change.

has anyone else had the leg pain? I'm hoping it will just go eventually.

i don't let this get me down outwardly but inside I'm petrified - no one really understands & when you talk of your symptoms you just sound like a hypercondriact.  I know what I feel ... It's just worrying I guess 

be happy to share discussions with people who know what I'm feeling.cool

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My sister had the same as you seem to have. At one point she could not walk across a room without stopping to catch her breath but is now completely clear, with her they gave her no treatment to begin with but she failed to get better and was put on steroids for 7yrs, many cases though self resolve.

I will ask her about leg pain in the morning and get back to you.

The American Lung Foundation website is helpful and I can find their address if you want it. There is also an American site for sarcoidosis sufferers.

• Posted

Thanks that's really helpful

Did your sister say about the leg pain?

My twin sister currently had eye probs & so I've told her to get it chkd got sarc

• Posted

She did have leg pain with stiffness and tells me sarcoidosis can cause eye problems so your sister does need a check
  • Posted

I have been finding these forums but try are all from a year ago or more are there knew ones you are in. And how are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.