Scabs

Posted , 2 users are following.

So sorry I know this title sounds pretty grosse.  An ENT doctor told me I can get scabs in my nose up to 2 years of being in remission with Wegener's.  For those of you who have had Wegener's for 2 or more year's are you still experiencing this problem?  It's not pleasant that's for sure and back on antibiotics as I believe there is still a sinus infection (have all the symptoms).  Inflammation is bad, and passing these scabs is not pleasant; especially during the work day. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh you too I ve just been given more Antibiotis Naseptin and Fusidic acid because the dreaded nose crusting is back. I hate them. How are you dog7. I am having my first Rituxmab infusion this Friday see if this helps. The fatigue is awful at the moment and my feet are swollen. Do you think your symptoms are worse in the hot weather? Mine seem to bcome worse starting May?? How are you doing anyway hope it's not getting you down to much take are ✌️😊 tara
    • Posted

I was doing fairly well until I got this sinus infection, been on antibiotics 4 times since back at work.  Yes I have allergies so this is making problems worse with my nose meaning with me I was told the disease is in my nose.  As soon as Spring sprung omg yes bad bad allergies, may need to take allergy pills again although they didn't seem to help much.  Yes fatigue very bad with me also but it wouldn't be as bad if I slept properly, too many bathroom trips at night.  Exercise on hold at this time due to being on antibiotics again and this sinus infection has drained all my energy.  Work challenging, especially working full time, although I would rather be at work.  Waiting to get into a new ENT doctor.  Hope the Rituxmab infusion helps.  I couldn't take methotrexate (so fatigued) way too fatigued to work.  Switched meds to Apo-Azathioprine, somewhat better but these meds all cause fatigue.  Hoping I can get back on track with exercise/gym in the new few days.  Without exercise No energy at all
    • Posted

I force myself to go out though when I can for dinner etc.  I'm not one to stay inside and too much time to think about this disease.  I've never been one to just sit.  I find this helps and I will continue to be in denial, I keep telling myself this all must be a bad dream, meaning I look back to where I was a year ago, considering all this not doing too bad.  This is how I deal with it. I basically take my meds, go to my doctor's appointments, go to work.  I try my best to live as normal of a life as I can.  I find this helps me to cope much better.  Need my workouts though, I have to get back on track.  Take care Tara let me know how you are doing once you get these rituxmab infusions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.