Several weeks past COVID and new tingling in hands and feet/horrible muscle weakness??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I tested positive for COVID-19 August 22nd after losing my taste and smell. I also had a clogged ear and dizziness. Two weeks went by and my taste and smell returned. I am now 4 weeks past being diagnosed and last week I started to have tingling pins and needles sensation in both of my feet. This week I've had horrible lower leg muscle weakness. The pins and needles sensation started to spread to my hands and now I have the weakness in my arms! It comes in waves where I start to feel better and I think it is going away but then it hits me hard with extreme weakness in my arms and legs with the tingling and sometimes burning pains. I read online patients some patients can acquire Guillian-Barre syndrome after being exposed to Viruses such as COVID and my symptoms sound like the disease! I'm scared that this could get progressively worse and I end up in the hospital, I'm not sure though because the severity comes and goes every few hrs . My doctor did lab work which all came back normal. I messaged her again about what I should do next if it continues to worsen and I'm waiting to hear back. Has anyone else experienced this after being exposed??

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

have you been able to talk to your doctor yet?any updates on how you’re feeling?

• Posted

Almost one month with COVID 19/pneumonia/ been in Hospital for a week, and I have those tingling pins and needles sensation in lips,arms and both of my feet. In the Hospital they gave me potassium and the family physician gave me magnesium. The tingling did not go away.(4th day on mg) I do have extreme stomach pain and bloating, dizziness and foggy brain.

I hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.