Severe anxiety from omeprazole

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking it for a year but I've tapered down to 10mg over the last 6 months. I started get severe anxiety, panic and internal vibrations after taking it ever day. I wake up in the middle of the night with panic attacks. I'm going to stop taking it. anyone else going through this. how long aftee stopping will I feel better

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Todd,

I see that your question has been here for quite some time but it really resonated with me and I definitely hope that you are feeling much better by now!

I have also been on omeprazole for a year now, 20 mg once a day. I have done a short taper over the past two weeks and don't want to ever take this stuff again! I'm only on day 4 of not taking it.

It started about 3 months ago with terrible digestive issues - abdominal pain, nausea, poor digestion, food intolerance. Then I began having the anxiety/neurological symptoms that you describe...just awful!!

Anxiety that makes it feels like I am on speed; sometimes this lasts all day and then causes insomnia at night. I have trouble breathing when lying flat in bed and sleep propped up. Many times have been jolted out of a sleep feeling panicked and like I can't breathe - terrifying! This is all in addition to relentless brain fog, cloudy vision, extremely dry mouth, arm and leg pains, the list goes on.

If you're still here, please let me know how you have made out after stopping the drug. I pray that you are now back to feeling like yourself again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.