Severe GERD, what to do next after private scan..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sorry for long post will try to keep it short..

Was on Omeprazole for 2 weeks no improvements, been on Pantoprazole for 3 weeks and some improvement however still getting weekly flair ups with severe pain, acid and sickness, vomitting through the night, limited diet in the day (no dairy/carbs/fats etc) I also feel very very unwell 80% of the day.

My dosage has been doubled and I’ve been put on a nhs wait list for a ultrasound of my abdomen as I get lower pain also. So today after another night of terrible sickness I had a private scan in London, v interesting as they scanned me from pelvis up to my thyroid. They found I have kidney stones/ an enlarged kidney retaining urine, additional fluid in my uterus that shouldn’t be there and an under active thyroid- all of which would definitely not cause the GERD symptoms I have been having I am told.

So now I have to wait 4 weeks for another ultra sound that will show nothing as they won’t look at what they’ve looked at today only my intestinal region before being put on another wait list them for a endoscopy- god knows how long that will take. I’m already losing so much weight and this has been going on for a really long time.

They also said my gall bladder looked small but said that’s because you have eaten in last few hours despite us telling you not to. I said I haven’t eaten in 6 hours like you said, he said we can still see food stuff and also your gall bladder is slightly smaller due to digestion still going on ? Could this be down to my super slow digestion - another GERD related issue ??

Can anyone help? Also I don’t know how to go to gp with all this info as don’t want them to fob me off saying that’s why I’ve been in pain when it’s most definitely not.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.